I want everyone to be rest assured Jon and I have not been laid off or anything just in a pinch right now. I wanted to let you know what exactly has been going on. We came back from Oregon and my first day at work I learned we might not be working Mondays in the month of December. Every Wednesday our production manager would let us know for the following week if we were to come in. Well this Wednesday He said and I quote " I have good news and bad news, which would you like first? You will not be working Monday but you wont be coming in Friday as well." Now I want to know how that is good news and bad seems more like bad and worse. For those of us who have used up our vacation time are not getting paid and others are having to use up all there time for these unplanned days off. We also have been told the plant will be shutting down for 3 days after Christmas and we are fearing out they may shut down early starting on the 22nd because we would have normally worked 2 days that week anyway. That would mean 5 days unpaid :o( talk about Man Down!!! Anyways I tell Jon at least we've got our health, family and each other.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That last line made me smile because that is exactly what Phil and I have said to each other MANY times over the last year as we have gone through our own struggles! You've got a great attitude and will come through just fine. I really hope things can look up soon, for everyone! :)
We miss you guys and know this will all work out. Keep us posted on what's going on.
:}
Love Kaelene
Post a Comment