For the last 3 months My Mom, Sister and I have been working really hard to get in shape. We started our journey to skinny by going to a weight loss clinic called MD Diet. It really is working! I was just so unhappy about how much weight I had put on after getting married so I did something about it, if only Jon would get as motivated as I am. I always have had a lil excess but that is harder to hide when you are a shorty. I have lost 18 lbs and am still losing day by day. I feel so much better about myself and it always is a plus when I get daily compliments on my figure. This program has been a challenge but I am so determined to changed my eating habits and increase my physical activity.
How the MD Diet program-
Your first session you meet with a nutritionist in a classroom type setting. She goes over information about how the diet works for instance you should eat 3 times more protein then carbs because the protein with help you burn off those carbs. Also you should eat 35 grams of protein every 4 hrs for men it is about 10 grams more. You must go in on a weekly basis and weigh in as well as get a shot of HCG which is a hormone that your body normally produces when you are pregnant. This hormone is like a "happy drug". They also take a mapping of your body to let you know how much mass is made up of water weight, lean muscle and body fat.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Shedding the pounds
Posted by ★Ash★ at 5:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sounds like the diet is really working for you. That's great! It's never easy losing weight. But when you find something that work's it's awesome! Kaelene
Hey, I came across your blog from the family blog. I hope you don't mind! You look great! I need to do this diet, or any diet! I hate how much weight I've gained from having kids and stuff. It is really depressing! I am very impressed by your motivation and ability to stick with something. You are awesome! :)
By the way, do you mind if I add your blog to my blog role?
My personal blog is at www.jessica-thedragonwhisperer.blogspot.com
Stop by anytime!
Wait. That was wrong....I need to get to bed. Here is my link:
http://jessica-thedragonwhisperer.blogspot.com/
Reggie would like to go on a diet, he wants to know what happens when you stop getting shots?
To explain, there are three types of fats in the human body:
Structural fat: this fills the gaps between organs and acts as a sort of "packing material" for the body.
Normal reserves: the body draws upon this fat when nutritional intake is less than what the body demands.
Abnormal fat: abnormal and excessive accumulations are fixed deposits of fats throughout the body and cause obesity. The body is unable to draw on this fat in emergencies.
When exercising or restricting food intake, the body relies on and consumes the normal fat reserves. The body cannot access the abnormal fat accumulations. The use of the HCG hormone releases abnormal fat deposits and makes the fat available for consumption by the body.
I pulled that off a website but when I have lost all the weight I need to I will then start a 50/50 rule with my carbs and protein but you can always have more protein then carbs because the protein helps your body break those carbs down. You should not have more carbs then protein though. It is alright to cheat every now and then otherwise you would go crazy! I need my chocolate!!!!!!
Ashley I think you look great! It is so good that you are so motivated. I stay motivated for about a day. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment